Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bounce

I was going to write something about Obama's inevitable (and apparently already measurable) approval ratings bounce on the heels of Mr. bin Laden's termination, but I'm so lazy and approval ratings are so intro-level politics that I can't be bothered. No one thinks this uptick will last very long anyway, unless the employment environment improves appreciably. Nevertheless, history will regard probably regard this as one of Obama's signature achievements as president, along with healthcare reform. Voters, though, tend to have shorter political memories than professional historians.

That's why the cynic in me is bemused to read reports that Obama is travelling to Ground Zero as early as Thursday to bask in triumphant glory and milk this story for all it's worth.

via Discovery Channel

I hope he'll say something about how different the World Trade Center complex is looking 10 years out.

No comments:

Post a Comment